Bradley Barcola
Archived, we no longer track this one.
Barcola: PSG shut the door, Arsenal switch focus to Álvarez
The lead is closing. PSG have made it known Bradley Barcola is not available this summer, despite interest from Arsenal and Liverpool: the Parisians view him as part of their core group and have had a change of heart over a possible exit. The reported asking price is prohibitive (~€150m). Direct consequence: Arsenal have switched their attacking priority to Julián Álvarez. No club-to-club contact has gone anywhere — dossier cooled, to be reopened only if PSG's stance shifts.
Latest development
**UPDATE July 29**: two contradictory signals, the file stays cooled. Sky Sports (Dharmesh Sheth) again name Barcola among Arsenal's options should Vinícius Júnior stay at Real, with the club working on «three or four deals» in parallel. But FootballTransfers wrote as early as July 27 that Liverpool have agreed personal terms with the player, and PSG's asking price (≈€150m) has not moved. No Arsenal-PSG contact is confirmed: status unchanged, to be reassessed only if the Liverpool route breaks down. **UPDATE July 21**: losing Morgan Rogers to Chelsea could have revived Barcola as an attacking Plan B — it hasn't. Fabrizio Romano (July 18) is emphatic: Arsenal have made 'no checks' on Barcola, having instead sounded out Yan Diomande. Meanwhile Liverpool have stepped up by submitting an official bid to PSG (Football365, CaughtOffside, July 19), pushing the Frenchman further from the Emirates. A clear confirmation of the cooling on Arsenal's side: the dossier stays dead unless a signal comes from the Gunners. Status unchanged (REFROIDI). **UPDATE July 4 (morning)**: Football365 reports Arsenal have the 'green light to accelerate' this deal, with Liverpool said to be distracted by other priorities. Several outlets (CaughtOffside, Sports Mole, TeamTalk, ESPN) confirm an Arsenal-Liverpool battle for the player, with reported fees varying widely by source (£87m to £116m, unconfirmed). Asked about it, Barcola stayed vague: 'Focus on World Cup now. After that, my future… I don't know.' No confirmed club-to-club contact with PSG at this stage. **UPDATE July 4 (evening)**: an important nuance from Fabrizio Romano (via nowarsenal.com, July 2-3) — Barcola would reportedly be a **secondary option** behind Morgan Rogers, only activated if the Rogers deal falls through. Romano describes PSG contract talks as 'in standby since last summer', potentially opening the door to an exit if PSG sign Yan Diomande/Akliouche; David Ornstein, by contrast, reports PSG view Barcola as not for sale. Conflicting sources — treat with caution, status unchanged (FIABLE) pending clarification. **UPDATE July 7**: Arsenal reportedly sent scouts to watch Barcola in France's 3-0 win over Sweden (he scored) and are set to step up their interest this week (DailyCannon, FootballTransfers). Barcola has 'yet to decide' his future per Romano but hasn't ruled out a summer move. Arsenal's priority remains Morgan Rogers, however, with Barcola only activated if the Rogers deal collapses; Liverpool are also pushing. **UPDATE July 13**: a pathway could open after Ferran Torres agreed to join PSG, but the price remains prohibitive (~€150m mooted) and PSG are reluctant to sell; Barcola would stay a secondary option behind Rogers, now also competing with the Julián Álvarez lead that has become Arsenal's attacking priority (FootballTransfers, July 12-13). **UPDATE July 14 (evening) — DOSSIER COOLED**: PSG have decided and shut the door. The Parisians told Liverpool that Barcola is not available this summer, despite Arsenal's interest, and have reportedly had an outright change of heart on an exit floated earlier in the window: the winger is considered part of the core group and protected, despite a role often limited to impact appearances off the bench. The reported price (~€150m) makes the operation unrealistic anyway. Sky Sports (Paper Talk, July 14) records the consequence on the Gunners' side: Arsenal switch their focus to Julián Álvarez, 'with Barcola unavailable'. This shift finally settles the Romano/Ornstein contradiction flagged on July 4 — it is Ornstein's read (PSG view Barcola as not for sale) that prevails. Status moved to REFROIDI: the line stays open in case PSG's stance moves before the window shuts, but nothing suggests it will.
Sources (10)
- Sky Sports (Barcola cité comme alternative à Vinícius) · 2026-07-29
- Football365 (Romano — Arsenal sans intérêt post-Rogers) · 2026-07-18
- Sky Sports (Paper Talk) · 2026-07-14
- CaughtOffside · 2026-07-03
- FootballTransfers (Liverpool d'accord sur les termes personnels) · 2026-07-27
- CaughtOffside (offre officielle Liverpool) · 2026-07-19
- FootballTransfers (prix €150m) · 2026-07-13
- DailyCannon · 2026-07-06
- Football365 · 2026-07-04
- Sports Mole · 2026-07-04